Get Adobe Acrobat ReaderLegal Notices
D. Data Protection
- Please be aware that any communications made from this website (contact forms) will be stored in a database for future reference purposes, error checking and human-computer interaction purposes.
- In addition to communications, we also store various information about you and your computer for use with our statistical-analysis tool, which monitors and stores information such as:
- Your browser and operating system, including which specific version
- The pages you visit within this website and the number of times you visit each page
- Which page you entered the website on and which you left from
- How you got to this website (the referrer)
- The country and sometimes the city from which you viewed this website from
- Your browsers language setting
- The length and depth (in pages) of your visit
- Your screen colour depth and resolution
- PLEASE NOTE: We store a Cookie file for pre-course data to allow individuals to access course material; Via the act of signing up to a course, you agree for this file to be created.
- We also make use of the Statistics Package - Google Analytics which will collect data to help us improve a users experience. Google have further information and instructions on how to delete or reject this Cookie/Information.
- IMPORTANT: We also create a Cookie file to allow hourly updates of news items; This file is removed over a time period and is only created to help network traffic and not to record or monitor personal data.
- We also monitor the use of our social application links, including the page that they were clicked on from and the time and date that they were clicked.
- The data collected by our statistical analysis tool is used primarily to aid us in our developments to the PCMD website, including the visual and usability aspects.
- We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide it to the PCMD. If you provide us with personally identifiable information, for example, by sending an e-mail or by filling out a form, we use that information to respond to your message with the information and services that were requested.
- We destroy the information we collect when the purpose for which it was provided has been fulfilled unless we are required to keep it longer by PCMD policy or by UK law.
- We ensure that any information that we store about you or your computer or that you provide us with will not be used outside of the PCMD for any purpose whatsoever.
- Any information that we hold is under the Data Protection Act of 1998 and will not be available to anyone other than the person(s) authorised to view it.
- At any time, you may request information that you generated that is stored on our system. See Section H for more details.
G. Information Protection
- For site security purposes, if it is identified that unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage is attempted, appropriate action will be taken according to the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act or other law.
- Any malicious attempt to change information displayed on the website using WOMBAT will result in disciplinary actions and possibly the withdrawal of your WOMBAT access.
H. Freedom of Information
- Due to the Freedom of Information Act (2000) you are able to request information stored about your person on our systems.
- Every request for any information stored on our systems will result in a £10 fee to cover administration costs.
- The request for information may take up to 5 working days to be processed.
- Requests can be made by e-mail or by sending your request in writing to the address stated in section I.
- E-mail requests should be made and sent to ku.ca.dmcp@ofni.
For more details, please visit http://www.opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts2000/ukpga_20000036_en_1.